Q: I incurred 10 DOPs - 5 of them were incurred before the implementation of mandatory attendance of the Course and the other 5 after the implementation. Would I be required to attend the Course on a mandatory basis?
Q: I incurred 10 DOPs after the implementation of mandatory attendance of the Course and subsequently attended the Course upon receipt of the Notice issued by the Transport Department/order by the Court. However, upon completion of the Course, I incurred another 10 DOPs within a period of two years. Do I need to attend the Course again?
Q: I incurred 10 DOPs and subsequently attended the Course after receiving the Notice on mandatory attendance of the Course issued by the Transport Department. Would 3 DOPs be deducted?
Q: What would be the consequence if I do not comply with the Notice on mandatory attendance of the Course issued by the Transport Department?
Q: If I was ordered to attend the Course by court, should I attend the course within a specified period? Could I apply for an extension of the period?
Q: Where could I enroll in the Course?
Q: What certificate would I collect upon completion of the Driving Improvement Course?
Q: What does satisfactory on-course performance mean?
Q: Apart from the satisfactory on-course performance, what else could I be qualified to deduct DOPs?
We are and advocate for safe driving
Leinam Driving School is committed to enhance drivers' road safety awareness and instill into their concepts of positive driving behaviors. It has therefore been designated by the Transport Department as one of the service provider of the 〝Driver Improvement Scheme〞, which cultivates responsible and safe drivers. Upon completion of the course and passing the examination, 3 Driving-offence Points will be deducted from the driving record.
Notes to Participants of the Driving Improvement Course (DIC):
- Driving Improvement Course is specially designed to instil in drivers a stronger sense of road safety and good driving behaviour. The Course has been introduced since September 2002 and is considered effective in achieving the objective.
- persons convicted of any one of the following serious traffic offences under the Road Traffic Ordinance:
- causing death by dangerous driving
- causing grievous bodily harm by dangerous driving
- dangerous driving
- drink/drug driving offences
- driving in excess of speed limit by more than 45 km/h; or
- motor racing and speed trials
- repeated traffic offenders who have accumulated 10 or more Driving-offence Points (DOPs) in respect of offences that are committed during a period of two years. Traffic offenders will be required to attend the Course within three months from the date of issue of the written notification issued by the Transport Department for every 10 DOPs incurred.
- Attendance policy
- Generally, traffic offenders will be required to attend the Course within three months from the date of issue of the written notification issued by the Transport Department or according to the period ordered by the Court.